St Andrew’s Anglican Kindergarten has been operating for over 60 years.
In 2015 we underwent the National Quality Standard Assessment and Rating Process and have achieved an "Exceeding National Quality Standard", which is the top rating you can receive.
2015 also saw the opening of the new 4 year old kindergarten building as a result of a State Government ‘Renovation and Refurbishment’ Grant and fundraising over many years from the kindergarten community. Along with the large, recently refurbished playground, the kindergarten has excellent facilities.
At St Andrews Kindergarten our staff bring with them, a range of values which are reflected in our teaching practices. As a team our core values are respect, fairness, honesty, team work and kindness which are implemented in the practices we use when interacting with the children, families, community and each other.
We support and value each child’s education and development. We believe the early years provide a unique opportunity for children to develop a positive attitude towards learning when a play-based approach is established and supported by educators.
Our program is inclusive of both child-initiated learning and intentional teaching by staff. Educators support children to actively engage with their environment to explore, solve problems, communicate, think, create and construct. This type of kindergarten environment offers the children the opportunity to take ownership of their ideas and build on the skills they will require throughout their lives.
The program is inclusive and sensitive to the needs of all children regardless of social or cultural background, gender, and ability. We believe it is the right of all children to feel safe and be safe at all times. At St Andrews we place children’s best interests at the heart of our decision making throughout the program. We also ensure that the health, safety and wellbeing of the children are protected at all times.
We value strong partnerships with our families and the community. We support this by offering meaningful opportunities of involvement in our kindergarten community.
The staff in the kindergarten setting:
- Take a holistic approach when planning for individual children
- Facilitate learning and provide opportunities for uninterrupted play through the establishment of consistent routines
- Have high expectations for all children
- Set realistic goals for learning
- Model and reinforce appropriate behaviours and attitudes that underpin respectful interactions in a group setting
- Respect the rights of each child and uphold these in our daily interactions with them
- Encourage sustainable practices through purposeful experiences
- Encourage opportunities to scaffold a child’s learning to promote growth and development
- Develop positive partnerships with parents through their daily interactions with them
AN ENGAGING PLACE
10 Good Reasons why you should send your child to St Andrew’s Anglican Kindergarten:
1. The most important reason: children love coming!
2. We offer an educational and exciting program based on play.
3. We have a team of experienced and dedicated teachers and educators.
4. We offer both 3 and 4 year old programs: our 3 year old program operates for 6 hours per week over two sessions, and our 4 year old program operate for 15 hours per week over three sessions.
5. We strive to provide a welcoming and friendly environment for both children and adults. Parent participation is encouraged.
6. St Andrew’s Anglican Kindergarten has been providing a solid foundation for local children for over sixty years.
7. We are a Founding Sunsmart Centre.
8. The children work and play in a large, sunny and air-conditioned room which opens onto a huge outdoor play area with grassed, soft fall and shaded areas.
9. The centre is located in a quiet side street, with easy access and is in an area which has terrific community spirit and vitality.
10. The program at St Andrew’s Anglican Kindergarten will assist your child’s transition to school.